Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM) uses stainless steel instruments on the skin and superficial tissues to reduce stiffness, increase mobility, and ease pain. This treatment is used in combination with standard therapy techniques including soft tissue mobilization, joint/tissue mobilizations, positional release, and joint/tissue manipulation.
Our therapists use this technique to reduce muscle tightness and increase joint range of motion (ROM). It can be beneficial for patients with chronic musculoskeletal pain caused by arthritis, osteoporosis, or degenerative conditions.
Our therapists can apply the IASTM/Graston technique to the shoulders, hips, knees, elbows, back, neck, and other regions. This is an innovative way to manage your pain and improve your function after surgery, trauma, or chronic pain.
The benefits of the IASTM/Graston Technique:
- Improve ROM, decrease knee pain and tight muscles in patients with arthritis.
- Decrease inflammation caused by tendonitis, bursitis, tennis elbow/golfer’s elbow (medial/lateral epicondyle pain), or carpal tunnel syndrome (wrist).
- Break down scar tissue in the myofascial system.
- Decrease patellofemoral pain associated with runner’s knee.
- Reduce muscle/tendon stiffness and improve functional mobility of joints.
For more information about Greendale Physical Therapy’s IASTM/Graston Technique, call (855) 459-5000 today!
280 Boston Turnpike
Shrewsbury, MA 01545
120 Gold Star Boulevard
Worcester, MA 01545
145 Church Street
Clinton, MA 01510
435 Lakeside Avenue
Marlborough, MA 01752