Ultrasound is a noninvasive treatment that uses sound waves to penetrate soft tissues and promote healing. The machine creates high-frequency sound waves that vibrate tissues, which causes tiny bubbles in cell fluid to form to either relieve inflammation or to internally heat up the tissue depending on the setting. This helps relieve pain, reduce inflammation, and increase blood flow to an injury or chronically tight muscles.
Ultrasound is helpful for patients with:
- Muscle strains and sprains
- Bursitis/tendon bursitis of the elbow, knee, shoulder, or hip
- Hip bursitis/trochanteric bursitis (side of hip)
- Plantar fasciitis of the heel
- Knee injuries or arthritis of the knee
For more information about Greendale Physical ultrasound services, call (855) 459-5000 today!
280 Boston Turnpike
Shrewsbury, MA 01545
120 Gold Star Boulevard
Worcester, MA 01545
145 Church Street
Clinton, MA 01510
435 Lakeside Avenue
Marlborough, MA 01752